Cheeseburger no Bun
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbground beef 85%/15%
·freshly ground pepper or coarse pepper
FOR THE GRILLED ONIONS
1 largeonion, sliced
2 Tbspcooking oil
·salt and pepper to taste
1 can(s)4.5 oz. stewed tomatoes, drained, reserve juice for another use
4 slicesharp cheddar, thick slice
·salt to taste for meat patties
How to Make Cheeseburger no Bun
- Form 4 meat patties (8 oz. each). Press in some fresh pepper on both sides. Cover with plastic wrap and leave on counter to take off the chill.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the onions about 10 minutes on high heat, until nicely browned. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Drain the tomatoes well. Set aside.
- Salt the meat, to taste, just before cooking. Heat a skillet or grill pan and partially cook the meat patties to med rare,..about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside until ready to finish the burgers.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees when you are ready to finish the burgers.
- Place the partially cooked meat patties on a baking sheet. Place the grilled onions on top, portioning equally. Place the tomato slices on top of the onions, portioning equally. Top each burger with a slice of cheese.
- Bake burgers on tray for 4-6 minutes until cooked through. Serve immediately with fries or whatever else you like with a burger.