★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1-1/2 lb
- ground chuck, browned & drained
- 2 medium
- zucchini, sliced in even slices
- 7 medium
- evenly sliced potatoes
- 1 Tbsp
- minced onions
- 1 can(s)
- condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1/2 lb
- velveeta cheese, sliced uniformly
- 16 oz
- sour cream, i use the lite sour cream
How to Make Zucchini Casserole
- 1Spread the browned and drained ground chuck evenly over the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle minced onion evenly over ground meat. Layer zucchini, overlapping, over all the hamburger. Then layer potatoes overlapping, over the zucchini. NOTE: I USUALLY USE MY FOOD PROCESSOR TO SLICE THE VEGGIES, TAKES LESS TIME THEN. Place Velveeta slices over the vegetables, covering entirely, but with about 1/4" between slices. This doesn't have to be exact either.
- 2Then repeat the entire process of layering zucchini, potatoes and Velveeta slices. There should be at least two complete layers of everything.
- 3Heat the sour cream and the condensed mushroom soup over medium heat, stirring constantly until hot and pour this over the layers of vegetables and cheese. Using a table knife, work the creamy topping down the sides of the casserole, making sure the top is completely covered too.
- 4Bake this for 1 hour 15 minutes, (until veggies are tender) in a 350* oven. Depending on your oven, it may take more or less time for baking. The sour cream really makes this dish wonderful.