☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 lbbeef chuck pot roast
2 Tbspcooking fat
1/2 conion, finely chopped
10.75 oztomato soup
How to Make Zesty Pot Roast
- In a dutch oven, or large pan with a tight-fitting cover, brown meat in fat.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan. Pour off fat drippings.
- Cook onion in drippings remaining in pan until soft but not browned; stir often.
- Add tomato soup, water, and vinegar; mix well.
- Return meat to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until done.
- (Or cook in a 325 oven for same amount of time.)
- Turn meat once to cook it evenly throughout.
- When done, remove meat and keep warm.
- Skim off excess fat.
- Add applesauce and cook to desired consistency.
- Taste sauce and correct seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
- Slice meat and serve with sauce.