Yvonne's Cheeseburger Pie
How to Make Yvonne's Cheeseburger Pie
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Grease pie plate.
- 3Brown beef and onion; drain well.
(I rinse my ground beef in a collander--reduces the fat content of the dish.)
- 4Stir in salt and pepper.
- 5Spread in plate.
- 6Beat milk, baking mix and eggs until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high or 1 minute with hand beater.
- 7Pour into place.
- 8Bake 25 minutes.
- 9Top with tomatoes; sprinkle with cheese.
- 10Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean 5-8 minutes.
- 11Cool 5 minutes prior to serving.
- 12*My add-ons to mom's recipe:
To add a "Texas" kick, add a litte chili powder, OR some chopped jalepenos.
You can also top it off with a dollop of Sour Cream (I prefer "Daisy") & some Pico de Gallo.
Or add some cooked, crumbled Bacon to the beef mixture~!