Yummy Goodness Chicken Fried Steak
4beef cubed steaks
3 cbisquick mix
2 ccooking oil
2 Tbspgrease from pan, steaks were cooked in
1 pinchsalt and pepper
How to Make Yummy Goodness Chicken Fried Steak
- heat oil in a frying pan to 375 degrees.
- beat eggs in a bowl, mix bisquick salt and pepper in a seperate bowl to use to bread the steaks.
- Dip the steaks in egg, then coat in bisquick
- place steaks in oil, flip when one side is golden brown, brown both sides. When done place on paper towel to soak up oil. ( you can cut the center of one to ensure it is cooked thoroughly) usually cooks for 10 min
- For gravy, Spoon some of the oil and scrapings from the bottom of the pan of oil, into a 2 qt pot.
- add flour and mix until it is thick. You can really play with the gravy, the key is have the flour soak up the grease.
- Then add about a half of a cup of milk and whisk until you get most of the lumps over med heat.NEVER COOK ON HIGH. If it is too thin, add more flour (always by the teaspoon)and if it is too thick add more milk. Keep whisking and let simmer over med heat .......gravy will thicken as it stands off the heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste!!!!