1frozen pie shell (9 in)
1 lbhamburger meat (browned)
1 can(s)hunts four cheese spaghetti sauce (1/2)
1grated cheese (mild cheddar)
1 smallonion (chopped)
How to Make Cheeseburger Pie
- Place your pie shell in preheated 350 oven to lightly brown (prick holes with a fork across the bottom of the frozen pie shell before browning). Once this is done set it to the side. I like Marie Calendars pie shell
- Brown your pound of hamburger meat, adding chopped onion, drain well. I added onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Grate your block of cheddar (or any other cheese of your liking). Grated cheese that you grate yourself always works best because it melts so nicely. I throw in a small handful of cheese into my meat mixture stirring well and then one half the can of spaghetti sauce (Hunts Four Cheese Spag. Sauce is what I use).
- Once this is all stirred to combine, add a small handful of your shredded cheese to the bottom of your pie shell then dump your meat on top of that spreading level and cover the top with the remainder of your cheese. Covering well. I use LOTS of cheese!
- Place this in your preheated oven for approximately 20-30 minutes. Ovens vary so you'll just need to keep an eye on it. Remove once the cheese and edges are browned up well.