YUK - A TEX-MEX CASSEROLE (sallye)
This is now a classic in our family and friends circle. It's incredibly easy to make and really tastes good with a pan of cornbread and a crisp salad.
You can double or triple the recipe if you're feeding a bunch of soccer/ball players
- 1-1/2 lb
- ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 can(s)
- ranch style beans****
- 1 pkg
- mahatma spanish rice mix
- 1 can(s)
- ro-tel tomatoes (optional)
- 1 or 2 can(s)
- water (use ranch style can)***
- 8 oz
- sharp cheddar, grated
How to Make YUK - A TEX-MEX CASSEROLE (sallye)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Brown ground beef in large cast iron skillet. Drain and return to skillet
- 2****You can use Bush's Chili Beans if Ranch Style Beans are not available in your area.
Add beans, water and spanish rice mix (Don't cook first)
Don't worry if it seems runny, the rice will soak up the water
***NOTE: IF YOU ADD THE CAN OF RO-TEL TOMATOES, ONLY ADD ONE ADDITIONAL CAN OF WATER.
Mix well and sprinkle cheese over top
- 3Cook for approximately 35 minutes until rice is tender and cheese is browned. Taste test rice beginning about 25 minutes after cooking has begun.
- 4Note: If you don't have a cast iron skillet, just use a baking dish or pan
You may drain and add a small can of whole kernel corn if desired.