You'll Do My Biddin' Pot Roast
- 4 lb
- beef roast, your favorite
- salt and pepper
- rib celery, small onion, carrot
- 1 Tbsp
- worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 c
- red wine
- potatoes, peeled and cut up for boiling
- 1 large
- 1 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 5 Tbsp
- butter, divided 3 and 2
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 c
- beef stock unsalted
- 1/4 c
How to Make You'll Do My Biddin' Pot Roast
- 1Salt and pepper the roast and brown in a large skillet, on all sides. Save the pan.
- 2Place roast on a large piece of heavy duty foil. Add the onion, carrot and celery rib. Sprinkle with the Worchestershire sauce and add the wine. Close up the roast in the foil VERY tightly, and place in a cooking pan. Place in a 425 oven for 1 3/4 hours.
- 3Fifteen minutes before roast is to come out, place cleaned and chunked up carrots and onion into a plastic bag with canola oil and mush around until all are covered. Turn out onto a parchment paper covered jelly roll pan, and place in the oven with the roast. Roasting time here will be 35-40 minutes.
- 4At the 2 hour mark, start the potatoes boiling in salted water. Cook until done, and drain.
- 5With the original skillet, add 3 TBSP butter, and melt, adding flour, making a roux and cooking for one minute. Add the stock and heat until bubbly and thickened.
- 6At the 1 hour 45 min. mark, remove the roast and open CAREFULLY. Remove roast to serving plate and cover with foil to rest. Pour the juices into the gravy.
- 7Check onions and carrots and turn over if necessary. The caramelization is what makes them special, so don't be worried if they get a little scorched.
- 8Mash potatoes, add 2 tbsp butter, and the cream.
- 9Serve it all up and wait for the accolades!