Yankee Pot Roast1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3 lb
- chuck roast
- bay leaves
- 2 c
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
How to Make Yankee Pot Roast
- 1Brown beef in hot skillet on both sides.
- 2Turn burner down and add water and bay leaves.
- 3Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Cover and simmer slowly for 3 - 4 hours or until beef is fork tender.
- 5Peel vegetables and cut potato in half.
- 6Add to pan, cover and simmer another 30 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- 7Thicken pan juices for gravy.