Yankee Beef Platter1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 lbbeef chuck roast, trimmed
1 Tbsponion, dehydrated and minced
1/2 tsppepper, ground
1 cred wine
1 ccelery, thinly sliced
1 conion soup, condensed
How to Make Yankee Beef Platter
- Trim excess fat from beef; pierce meat all over with a fork; place in a large glass bowl.
- Sprinkle with onion, salt, pepper and cloves.
- Add bay leaf and wine to bowl.
- Refrigerate, turning meat several times, overnight to marinate.
- When ready to cook meat, remove from marinade; pat dry with paper towels.
- Brown in a large skillet.
- Place beef in slow cooker, stir in marinade, plus celery, garlic and onion soup, cover.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours, or until beef is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove beef to a heated platter and keep warm.
- Turn heat control to High.
- Combine flour and 1/4 cup cold water in a cup, stir into liquid in slow cooker until well-blended; cover; simmer 15 minutes.
- Carve part of the roast into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Arrange slices with rest of roast and braised leeks on a large serving platter.
- Add parsley potatoes and steamed whole carrots, if you wish.
- Serve gravy separately to spoon over all.
- BRAISED LEEKS: Trim roots and about half of the green tops from 1 bunch of leeks.
- Split each leek lengthwise; wash well.
- Arrange pieces, cut side down in a large skillet.
- Add just enough water to cover.
- Bring to boil, cover.
- Simmer 5 minutes, drain, return to pan.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and celery salt.
- Cook slowly 5 minutes longer or until leeks are tender.
- Green onions can be substituted for the leeks, use 2 bunches sliced in 3 inch pieces and cook a total of 6 minutes.