Jo Ann McFarlane
2 lbtop sirloin steak, skirt steak or flank 1.5 inches thick
1/4 cground ginger
1/2 colive oil, extra virgin
1/2 csoy sauce, low sodium (i use no sodium)
1 cteriyaki sauce or glaze (i use glaze)
2 Tbspminced garlic
How to Make Worm Steak
- Rub both sides of steaks with ground ginger and place in marinading dish.
- Prick steak all over with fork.
- Mix Olive Oil, Soy Sauce, Teriyaki Glaze, and Garlic together in glass measuring cup and pour over steak making sure marinade get under the steak.
- Cover and marinade steak for at least six hours preferably twelve in the refrigerator. Flip occasionally.
- About thirty minutes before you are ready to grill remove steak from fridge and let steak come to room temperature.
- Remove steak from marinade. (Discard marinade) Grill steak for 2 minutes and flip. Grill for another 1 1/2 to 2 minutes for medium rare. (Any longer will make steak tough.)
- Remove steak from grill and let rest on cutting board.
- Cut steak across the grain into 1/2" slices. Place on platter and serve.