Jo Ann McFarlane
- 2 lb
- top sirloin steak, skirt steak or flank 1.5 inches thick
- 1/4 c
- ground ginger
- 1/2 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce, low sodium (i use no sodium)
- 1 c
- teriyaki sauce or glaze (i use glaze)
- 2 Tbsp
- minced garlic
How to Make Worm Steak
- 1Rub both sides of steaks with ground ginger and place in marinading dish.
- 2Prick steak all over with fork.
- 3Mix Olive Oil, Soy Sauce, Teriyaki Glaze, and Garlic together in glass measuring cup and pour over steak making sure marinade get under the steak.
- 4Cover and marinade steak for at least six hours preferably twelve in the refrigerator. Flip occasionally.
- 5About thirty minutes before you are ready to grill remove steak from fridge and let steak come to room temperature.
- 6Remove steak from marinade. (Discard marinade) Grill steak for 2 minutes and flip. Grill for another 1 1/2 to 2 minutes for medium rare. (Any longer will make steak tough.)
- 7Remove steak from grill and let rest on cutting board.
- 8Cut steak across the grain into 1/2" slices. Place on platter and serve.