Whoop De Doo! Meatloaf In Sourdough
I have made this stuffed bread meatloaf for years and have served it at home for special occasions, brought it to potlucks and parties, and to my pottery classes for snacking. Everyone loves it and always asks for the recipe. I found it years ago, tweaked it, and now it's MY recipe! I have had to substitute ingredients when in other states where they were unavailable but the original recipe is the most tasty. I hope you enjoy this one! It is easy to make and bake and is comfort food at its best on a damp evening.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 Hr 20 Min
- 1 large
- loaf extra sour sourdough bread
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1/4 lb
- sliced mushrooms
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c
- dry red wine
- 1 tsp
- garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp
- dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 lb
- ground beef
How to Make Whoop De Doo! Meatloaf In Sourdough
- 1Cut a thin slice from the top of the loaf, from end to end, leaving an inch uncut on each end.
- 2Scoop out the insides of the bread. Tear bread into pieces and place in large mixing bowl.
- 3Brown onion and mushrooms in two tsp. of butter, add to bread in the bowl. Beat egg with ketchup and mix in with bread mixture. Add 3/4 cup of the cheese,the wine and seasonings. Lightly mix in ground beef.
- 4Spoon meat mixture into hollowed out bread. Rub outer crust with remaining butter.
Wrap in foil and place on baking sheet.
- 5Bake at 375*F for 1 1/4 hours.
- 6Fold back foil and sprinkle top of loaf with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Return to oven. Bake uncovered until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing
About Whoop De Doo! Meatloaf In Sourdough
You May Also Like:
Leave a Comment