Whoop De Doo! Meatloaf In Sourdough
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 largeloaf extra sour sourdough bread
1 smallonion, chopped
1/4 lbsliced mushrooms
1 csharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cdry red wine
1 tspgarlic salt
1/4 tspdried thyme leaves
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 lbground beef
How to Make Whoop De Doo! Meatloaf In Sourdough
- Cut a thin slice from the top of the loaf, from end to end, leaving an inch uncut on each end.
- Scoop out the insides of the bread. Tear bread into pieces and place in large mixing bowl.
- Brown onion and mushrooms in two tsp. of butter, add to bread in the bowl. Beat egg with ketchup and mix in with bread mixture. Add 3/4 cup of the cheese,the wine and seasonings. Lightly mix in ground beef.
- Spoon meat mixture into hollowed out bread. Rub outer crust with remaining butter.
Wrap in foil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 375*F for 1 1/4 hours.
- Fold back foil and sprinkle top of loaf with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Return to oven. Bake uncovered until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing