- 4-5 pound trimmed and tied fillet mignon
- 1 stick
- butter, unsalted room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp
- fresh ground black pepper
- bay leaves
- 1 can(s)
- beef broth, reduced sodium 12oz.
- 1/2 can(s)
How to Make Whole Roasted Filet of Mignon
- 1Heat the oven to 500 degrees.
Rub the butter all over the roast then sprinkle generously with the salt and pepper.
- 2Cook the roast for 20-25 minutes for rare.
30 for medium rare.
Longer for well done,about 40-45 minutes. Why anyone would want it that way is beyond me!
- 3Whe it's done to your liking,remove it from the pan and cover it in another pan with foil poking a few holes in the foil to allow the steam to escape.
Return the original roasting pan to the stove top,add the beef stock and water,bay leaves and bring to a rapid boil,scraping the bottom to get the drippings into your sauce.
Strain the liquid into a saucepan,remove the bay leaves and thicken with a slurry until it just runs clear on your spoon. You have just made au jus for your roast!
- 4Now you can serve,slice the roast in 2inck thick slices,plate with au jus first,then the beef on top an your choice of sides! Enjoy! :)