Venison Swiss Steak
She is a Wonderful cook.
- 4 or 5 large
- venison steaks
- 1/2 c
- 4 Tbsp
- butter crisco
- salt & pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 2 can(s)
- 14 1/2 oz - diced tomatoes (plain, stewed, etc)
- 1 can(s)
- tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- a dab of butter as needed
How to Make Venison Swiss Steak
- 1Prep your steaks. No fat or silver skin.
(I enclosed a photo of small steaks for visual)
Use an electric skillet for ease of use. Turn on at 350 degrees. Add butter crisco. Just enough to cover bottom of pan.
- 2Flour both sides of steaks and place in skillet. Add your seasonings of salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste and brown one side.
- 3Turn over steaks and add chopped onion.
Brown the other side. If you need more grease, add butter.
Add tomatos, tomato sauce & worcestershire sauce. Stir and bring to a boil. Add more seasoning if needed. After it starts boiling, turn down skillet to simmer (200 degrees)and simmer for 2 hours. (More or less depending on the size steak. Cover. Add water as needed. Stir once in a while. Check to make sure that the meat is not sticking to bottom of pan. Test for tenderness. Meat should cut very easily.
- 4Serve over noodles or potatoes. I like a spoonful of sourcream on my swiss steak.