Vegetable-Stuffed Meat Loaf1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cshredded carrots
1/2 cpotato, grated
1/2 cdry bread crumbs
3 Tbspparsley, chopped
1/2 tsponion salt
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1.5 lblean ground beef
1 tspprepared mustard
How to Make Vegetable-Stuffed Meat Loaf
- In a small skillet cook carrot and potato in hot oil until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine egg and milk.
- Stir in bread crumbs, parsley, onion salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Add ground meat and mix well.
- Crisscross three 18x2-inch foil strips atop a sheet of waxed paper.
- In the center of the foil strips pat half of the meat mixture into a 5-inch circle.
- Spread carrot mixture on meat circle to within 1/2" of edges.
- On another sheet of waxed paper, pat remaining meat mixture into a 6" circle.
- Invert atop the first circle.
- Remove paper.
- Press edges of meat to seal well.
- Bringing up foil strips, transfer meat to a crockery cooker. (Leave Foil strips under meat during cooking).
- Press meat away from sides of the cooker.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 9 1/2-11 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2-4 hours.
- In a bowl combine ketchup and mustard.
- Spread over meat.
- Cover; cook on low-heat or high-heat setting for additional 30 minutes.
- Using the foil strips, transfer meat loaf to a platter; discard the foil strips.