Marty's Up to Your Elbows Barbeque BEEF RIBS!!!
This a wonderfully smoky sauce beef rib barbeque that I've been making for 30 years. I've been cooking these when in the South for many years. It's a bit harder to get big ribs up North, but they can be gotten at your local butcher shop.
Like eating little steaks. Just wonderful stuff and a great alternative to pork ribs that few folks think of.
Such a nice smoky taste. Don't worry about getting messy!!! It's part of the experience!
Slab largebeef ribs preferably 3/4 to 1 inch but works good with 1/2 inchers
1 bottlestandard kc master piece bbq sauce double everything for 2 racks
5 Tbspold bay seasoning=the secret!
3 Tbspancho chili pepper powder
2 Tbspground garlic
25 ozcheap red wine
How to Make Marty's Up to Your Elbows Barbeque BEEF RIBS!!!
- Add Ancho Chili Pepper to the Sauce. Use more if you're doing a larger quantity of ribs. It's not rocket science for this recipe.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Old Bay (this is the key ingredient to making the nice smoky sauce!) Use more if doing a larger quantity of ribs.
- Shake Garlic Powder into the Sauce Mix. Don't worry about the amount. Just do it to taste and amount of ribs.
- After mixing the sauce, marinate in cheap red wine for about an hour.
- Heat the grill to 425 degrees. Ready the ribs on a large plate. Use a basting brush and brush a lot of the remaining sauce on each rib.
- Give the ribs (if one inch) 15 minutes to cook. You really need 1 inch ribs for this recipe. You can do 1/2 inch ribs just fine and cook for 10 minutes. Their all delicious!