Unstuffed Creamy Stuffed Peppers
2 lbground beef ( 10% fat)
4 mediumsized bell peppers - multi color
2 ccooked brown rice
2 cmarinara sauce
2 pinchfresh black pepper
1 tspgarlic powder
1 pinchsea salt
2 tspitalian blend seasoning
1 csour cream
1 pkgshredded swiss cheese
How to Make Unstuffed Creamy Stuffed Peppers
- This goes in the oven so try to use a fry pan that is stove top to oven friendly. If not put in a baking dish before step 5.
- 1. Crumble & Brown ground beef. While beef is browning rough chop peppers, not to fine you want hunks in the dish. Also boil rice – (I used 2 bags of success boil in bag brown rice – it’s quick for this recipe)
- 2. Once ground beef is browned (drain if necessary but if using 10% fat there should be no grease) - use med low flame - add the diced peppers and let them get softer but not mushy. Al dente is good. Add black pepper, garlic powder, sea salt and Italian seasoning. Stir together.
- 3. While peppers are softening drain rice, then add to ground beef mixture, mix together
- 4. Next add marinara sauce and sour cream to mixture. Mix together. Take off the stove and sprinkle with the shredded Swiss cheese – coat well – (if you don’t like Swiss use another but try to keep it mild)
- 5. Put in 400 degree oven top rack for 20- 25 minutes or until cheese browns a bit.