- 1 lb
- ground turkey (or beef)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can(s)
- condensed cream of whatever-you-have-on-hand soup
- 1 to 2 c
- grated yellow or white semi-hard cheese (your choice)
- 1 pkg
- frozen roll dough (24 rolls)
- 1 to 2
- eggs (for egg wash at end)
How to Make Turkey Bundles
- 1Thaw roll dough, spread out, on lightly greased cookie sheet. Cover with damp towel to prevent drying. NOTE** make SURE you're using UNBAKED frozen DOUGH...and NOT the pre-baked frozen stuff.
- 2Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 dF.
- 3Sautee onion and mushrooms in skillet with evoo until carmelized. Please don't leave the mushrooms in the "grey and limp" stage...continue cooking them until they brown.
- 4Add raw ground meat to cooked onions and shrooms and continue cooking until meat is cooked through. If using beef, drain off excess grease.
- 5Stir in UNDILUTED soup, straight out of the can. Stir well. Remove from heat.
- 6Take two pieces of thawed dough and stretch each out, either by hand or with rolling pin on floured surface, until each one is about 4 inches all around. Then form one of them into bottom of one of the muffin tin cups so that it comes to above the top edge.
- 7Fill GENEROUSLY (heaping) with cooked meat mixture and press blop of grated cheese on top (cheddar, colby, jack, muenster, swiss, provolone, mozzarella...whatever you have on hand).
- 8Take the other flattened piece of dough and create a "lid" for the meat/cheese filling. Crimp top and bottom dough edges together with fingers. Don't worry if you can't "seal" them shut. Even if the top and bottom dough don't connect all the way around, amazingly they come out in one piece.
- 9Beat egg in small bowl. Brush entire top of each Bundle with egg wash.
- 10Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Gently remove from muffin tin and place on plate.