Troy Polablanos Stuffed Pepper
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4large poblano peppers
1/2 lbground beef
1/2 lbitalian sausage, mild
1/2 lbchorizo *
1/2 cbread crumbs
1 cgrated jack cheese
6 sprig(s)cilantro, fresh
1 csour cream
How to Make Troy Polablanos Stuffed Pepper
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each pepper to allow stuffing, DO NOT cut in half.
- Remove the seeds if you do not want the hot spicy flavor of the seeds. WASH YOUR HANDS so not to burn your eyes!
- Mix all the meats and bread crumbs together with your hands, you can substitute one or more of the meat types depending on your taste. i.e. leave out chorizo and add more beef or sausage
- Beat the eggs well and add cheese to the eggs mixture
- Pour the eggs/cheese over the meats and again work well with your hands.
- Carefully open the slit in the peppers and fill with the meat mixture in small amounts so the pepper does not break open.
- Place in a sprayed 9 x 13 pan and bake in a 350 preheated oven for 45-50 minutes. Cover with foil, but remove foil after 30 minutes to crisp up the exterior.
- Chop the cilantro roughly and garnish with sour cream, salsa and perhaps a side of corn salad (see my corn salad recipe too) and corn bread.