Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a great marinade! Savory and satisfying, add a little cumin for an extra zing! The Test Kitchen
2juice of 2 limes
2 Tbspsoy sauce
2 Tbspolive oil, divided
2 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspblack pepper
1 1/2-2 lbflank steak
12medium sized flour tortillas
1red bell pepper, cut into strips
1yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
1green bell pepper, cut into strips
1white onion, sliced in strips
2 mediumtomatoes, cut in wedges
·toppings such as pico de gallo, sour cream, cheese.
How to Make Traditional Fajitas
- Whisk together line juice, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and pepper in a large ziplock bag or non-metal dish.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When steak has marinated, cut meat into 1/2 inch strips.
- On hot grill, grill strips until almost done. Scoot meat to one side of the grill.
- In skillet, bring remaining marinade to a boil. Reduce heat and add peppers, onions, and tomatoes. Cook until crisp/cooked. Optional: cook the veggies on the grill with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve on warm tortillas, combining meat, veggies, and your favorite toppings.
- If you want to use chicken instead of beef, replace the soy sauce with double strength chicken boullion.