Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a great marinade! Savory and satisfying, add a little cumin for an extra zing! The Test Kitchen
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, divided
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 1/2-2 lb
- flank steak
- medium sized flour tortillas
- red bell pepper, cut into strips
- yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- green bell pepper, cut into strips
- white onion, sliced in strips
- 2 medium
- tomatoes, cut in wedges
- toppings such as pico de gallo, sour cream, cheese.
How to Make Traditional Fajitas
- 1Whisk together line juice, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and pepper in a large ziplock bag or non-metal dish.
- 2Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 3When steak has marinated, cut meat into 1/2 inch strips.
- 4On hot grill, grill strips until almost done. Scoot meat to one side of the grill.
- 5In skillet, bring remaining marinade to a boil. Reduce heat and add peppers, onions, and tomatoes. Cook until crisp/cooked. Optional: cook the veggies on the grill with a drizzle of olive oil.
- 6Serve on warm tortillas, combining meat, veggies, and your favorite toppings.
- 7If you want to use chicken instead of beef, replace the soy sauce with double strength chicken boullion.