traditional corned beef and cabbage
a recipe by
Old Monroe, MO
This Traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage cooks everything low and slow (just like it should be) with the perfect spices in a dutch oven or large stock pot. This delicious Easy Traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage does not require any special equipment or expertise. The corned beef is slow cooked with pickling spices. The carrots, potatoes and cabbage are added at different intervals so everything is done and tasty at the same time!! The corned beef is tender and the cabbage is cooked just perfectly with just a tiny bit of crisp left.
prep time 10 Min
cook time 3 Hr
method Stove Top
Ingredients For traditional corned beef and cabbage
3 lbcorned beef brisket with spice packet
2 Tbsppickling spice
4medium red potatoes halved
4large carrots peeled and chunked
1head green cabbage cut in wedges
How To Make traditional corned beef and cabbage
1In dutch oven or large stockpot add corned beef and cover with water. Add spice packet, bay leaves and onions. Add pickling spice to spice ball infuser and drop in pot with corned and water. Cover and simmer for 2-2 1/2 hours. The brisket should be fork tender.
2Add potatoes and carrots; cover and simmer for additional 30 minutes. Add cabbage; cover and simmer for 15 additional minutes.
3Fish out bay leaves and discard. Remove corned beef and vegetables from pot and cover to keep warm. Remove any fat from the corned beef and slice against the grain.
4Do not let the brisket boil. This will make it tough. Slow simmer is the key.
- Last Step: Don't forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And don't forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
Categories & Tags for Traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage:
- #corned beef and cabbage
- #irish corned beef and cabbage recipe
- #best corned beef and cabbage recipe
- #traditional corned beef and cabbage
- #easy corned beef and cabbage recipe
- #boiled corned beef and cabbage recipe
- #corned beef recipe
- #corn beef and cabbage recipes boiling
- Stove Top