By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 small
- grated onion
- 8 oz
- tomato sauce
- 1/4 c
- 2 tsp
- chili powder
- 8 oz
- green chiles
- 1/4 lb
- monterey jack cheese
- 1 pkg
- taco shells
How to Make Tostada Casserole
- 1Coarsely break taco shells.
- 2In 2-quart bowl, mix ground beef and onion;
cover bowl with waxed paper.
- 3Cook at high (100%) 4-5 minutes, stirring and breaking up meat into small pieces every 2 minutes.
- 4Tilt bowl; skim and discard excess fat.
- 5Stir in tomato sauce, water, and chili powder.
- 6Cover and cook at high 4 minutes or until meat mixture thickens, stirring after 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in undrained green chilies and shredded cheese.
- 8In shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole, place 3/4 of the coarsely broken tacos.
- 9Top with meat mixture; cover with casserole lid or large plate.
- 10Cook at medium-high (70%) 12 to 14 minutes until meat mixture is hot.
- 11Let stand, still covered, 5 minutes.
- 12Sprinkle with remaining tacos.