By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbground beef
1 smallgrated onion
8 oztomato sauce
2 tspchili powder
8 ozgreen chiles
1/4 lbmonterey jack cheese
1 pkgtaco shells
How to Make Tostada Casserole
- Coarsely break taco shells.
- In 2-quart bowl, mix ground beef and onion;
cover bowl with waxed paper.
- Cook at high (100%) 4-5 minutes, stirring and breaking up meat into small pieces every 2 minutes.
- Tilt bowl; skim and discard excess fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, and chili powder.
- Cover and cook at high 4 minutes or until meat mixture thickens, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Stir in undrained green chilies and shredded cheese.
- In shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole, place 3/4 of the coarsely broken tacos.
- Top with meat mixture; cover with casserole lid or large plate.
- Cook at medium-high (70%) 12 to 14 minutes until meat mixture is hot.
- Let stand, still covered, 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining tacos.