Topsee turvie tacos “a wet taco”
Irisa Raina 9
So to them I say “pishshaw”…I’m a out side of the box kind of lady who loves throwing caution to the wind with my cooking and baking….
My husband likes this with the traditional shells but I like to eat this with Frito's scoops.
·2 lbs. ground sirloin
·juice of 1 lime
·1 – 24 ounce jar salsa “ any kind you like “ i used pace chunky”
·1 – 6 oz. can tomato paste
·2 tablespoons light brown sugar
·2 envelopes hot taco seasoning
·½ can diet coke “ my secret ingredient”
·sour cream topping:
·1 – 16 ounce container of sour cream “ i use daisy”
·2 – 3 tablespoons assorted fresh peppers chopped
·1 small bunch green onions chopped using both the white and green parts
How to Make Topsee turvie tacos “a wet taco”
- Brown the sirloin, drain any grease that may be in the pot.
- Put the sirloin back into the pot; add the juice of the lime.
- Add the salsa and take a few tablespoons of water and add to the jar, cover and shake to get out all the salsa and add to the pot.
- Add the tomato paste and mix thoroughly.
- Add the light brown sugar and taco seasonings and mix again.
- To make the sour cream:
- Chop and add what ever combination of peppers you like.
Chop both the white and green parts of green onions.
Add to the sour cream, mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve this with the sour cream, green onions, cheese and shells or scoops.