Topping for Roast Beef
It is really different and good and now this is the way I always make my roast.
I usually use a chuck roast because it is wider and the topping spreads more evenly on it.If I could just get my husband to quit scraping off all the topping..Hope you enjoy it as much as we do..
- 3-4 pounds, chuck roast
- 1 pkg
- pioneer brown gravy mix, dry
- 1 pkg
- wishbone italian dressing mix, dry
- 1/2 pkg
- hidden valley ranch dressing mix, dry
How to Make Topping for Roast Beef
- 1I flour my roast and brown it first and place it in the crock pot, I have made it in the oven also.
- 2Mix all mixes together , dry. Spread over the top only of the roast. Pour about a cup of water around the roast being careful not to splash on top. Bake in 350 degree oven until roast is done or place in crockpot until roast is done. The top will soften and a wonderful topping.