To Die For Pot Roast
1 4-5 lbbeef chuck roast
1 pkghidden valley ranch dressing (dry)
1 pkgbrown gravy mix (dry)
1 pkgitalian dressing mix (dry)
2 mediumonions, sliced
3-4 cassorted root vegetables (potatoes, carrots, parsnips, rutabaga, etc.) of your choosing (optional), peeled and cut in chunks
1 cwarm water
How to Make To Die For Pot Roast
- Place sliced onions in bottom of crock pot; place roast on top onions
- Combine root vegetables and put in crock pot along sides of roast.
- Combine dry mixes; sprinkle on top roast.
- Cover; cook on LOW 7-8 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, remove meat to carving board, tent with foil, and let rest.
- Remove vegetables to a baking sheet and place in 400° oven to stay warm and brown just a bit.
- Add a small amount of flour and water slurry to gravy in crock pot to thicken as desired. Cover; cook on high 15 minutes more, while roast rests and vegetables brown.
- Slice and plate roast, dish up vegetables as well as gravy, and serve hot.