Time for a Grown-up Burger
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- ground beef (fairly lean)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium
- red onion
- 2-3 oz
- blue cheese
- 1/2 c
- kaiser rolls or other burger buns
How to Make Time for a Grown-up Burger
- 1Add salt and pepper to the meat and mix gently. Make into three patties. Cook until done in a saute pan or on the grill.
- 2Slice the onion from root to stem, and then lay each half flat and cut from root to stem into slices. Saute in a pan with a bit of butter and olive oil until caramelized. (This can take up to 30 minutes)Don't be afraid to scorch them a bit at the beginning but then turn back and cook gently until soft and sweet. Set aside when finished until ready to assemble.
- 3Crumble the blue cheese and set aside
- 4Mince the jalapeno (with or without the seeds) and mix with the mayonnaise. Set aside.
- 5When nearly ready to eat, butter the rolls, and brown/grill until butter melted and they are lightly toasted.
- 6Place the burger on the bun, add a tablespoon or so of the cheese, cover with a mound of the onions. Slather the top with the mayo, and then sit down and eat.