Throw together Tamale Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- chili mix any brand
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes undrained
- 11/2 cups cornmeal
- boiling hot water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 can of black beans chopped in chopper or food processer or a can of refried black beans
How to Make Throw together Tamale Pie
- 1First bring water to a boil add enough to cornmeal to get it all covered and cooked in bowl stir for a minute,mixture should be thick like dough ball. Be sure to add a little salt to the water. set aside
- 2while the dough is cooling put ground beef and onion in the skillet to brown,then drain off any fat remove from heat add chili mix and diced tomatoes, stir well set aside.
- 3put black beans in chopper or food processor until it resenbles refried beans or you can use a can of refried black beans.
- 4spray the meal mixture with cooking spray or oil your hands a little form a ball in your hands then press into a pie plate or any type pan be sure to save a little in the bowl to mix with cream style corn then stir it together
- 5ok now press the cornmeal dough in the pie plate or pan spread black beans on top then put meat mixture on top of beans add cheese to cover meat then pour corn mixture on top.