Kitty's Pot Roast
2 pkgbeef, cubed stew meat (or cut up your own favorite beef roast such as chuck or sirloin)
3/4 chot water
2chicken bouillon cubes
3/4 tspdry thyme
1/4 cport wine
How to Make Kitty's Pot Roast
- Divide meat into small enough amounts to brown without crowding. Use a bit of water or oil to keep it from sticking if necessary. This is the most important step and you need to be sure the meat is good and brown with lots of good drippings.
- Put browned meat in crockpot
- In medium sized bowl, dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water
- Add wine, paprika, and thyme to bouillon broth
- Whisk mixture of wine, bouillon and spices into the pan drippings and make a rue.
- Pour all the pan drippings over the meat in the crock pot and stir gently
- Cook on high 4 hours then turn to low. Can be kept warm till the family all arrives. I think this is a Freed favorite because someone always comes late!