Kitty's Pot Roast
This is a Freed family favorite. The original recipe included mushrooms and thickening with flour but we love it just like this. My mother in law shared it with me and I don't think she even remembers where she got it
How to Make Kitty's Pot Roast
- 1Divide meat into small enough amounts to brown without crowding. Use a bit of water or oil to keep it from sticking if necessary. This is the most important step and you need to be sure the meat is good and brown with lots of good drippings.
- 2Put browned meat in crockpot
- 3In medium sized bowl, dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water
- 4Add wine, paprika, and thyme to bouillon broth
- 5Whisk mixture of wine, bouillon and spices into the pan drippings and make a rue.
- 6Pour all the pan drippings over the meat in the crock pot and stir gently
- 7Cook on high 4 hours then turn to low. Can be kept warm till the family all arrives. I think this is a Freed favorite because someone always comes late!
You May Also Like:
Show 5 Comments & Reviews