The Original Pat's King of Steaks® Philadelphia Cheese Steak Recipe
24 ozthin sliced rib eye or eye roll steak (pat's uses ribeye) – crave brand...if not available use whatever good quality label is available in your area
6 Tbspsoy bean oil
1 jar(s)cheez whiz® (american or provolone works fine)
4crusty italian rolls
1 largespanish onion cut into large dice
·optional--sweet green and red peppers sautéed in oil
·optional--mushrooms sautéed in oil
How to Make The Original Pat's King of Steaks® Philadelphia Cheese Steak Recipe
- Melt the Cheez Whiz® in a double boiler or in the microwave and keep warm until ready to use
- Heat an iron skillet or a non stick pan over medium heat
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil to the pan and sauté the onions to desired doneness
- Remove the onions
- Add the remaining oil and sauté the slices of meat quickly on both sides
- Return onions to pan and heat all ingredients through.
- spread Whiz on rolls. If you like extra cheese drizzle on top of steak once added to the roll, but you MUST spread the whiz on the roll to ensure you get a bite of cheese with every bite of meat.
- divide meat mixture between rolls
- Put on the theme song to the first Rocky movie and enjoy!
- NOTE--If you decide to use the peppers and mushrooms, add them all back to the meat to heat through prior to plating.