The Best Ever Sloppy Joes!!!
1 lbground beef
1/2 cspicy bbq sauce
3 tspprepared yellow mustard
2 tspworcestershire sauce
1/2 cdiced onion
1/2 cdiced green or red pepper (i use both)
1 can(s)rotell or tex mex brand tomatoes with chilies
2 tspgarlic powder
3 tspbrown sugar
How to Make The Best Ever Sloppy Joes!!!
- Brown ground beef, drain MOST of the grease out, not all of it. Put in crock pot.
- Place onions, tomatoes, peppers, salt, pepper, garlic, mustard, and worcestershire sauce in crock pot. Mix well.
- Start putting ketchup and bbq sauce in crock pot, mix well...... *****NOTE***** Everyone's taste is different, so my suggestion is to do some taste testing as you're adding the ketchup, bbq sauce, and brown sugar, so that you get the proper mix for your personal palate. What's written above is how my family loves them, sweet and spicy.
- Set crock pot on high for 1 hour, or on low for 2-3 hours or more, til onions and peppers are cooked through but still somewhat crisp.
- Serve on toasted bread, enjoy!!! We save leftovers for lunch the next day, and serve it over white rice rather than on bread.