★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- ground angus beef
- 1/4 tsp
- ground peppercorn
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 2 large
- onions, mild-favored
- 1 pinch
- 1 dash(es)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 large
- red pepper
- 1 bottle
- balsamic vinegar
- 8 slice
- bacon, fried
- 4 slice
- gorgonzola cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 large
- kaiser rolls
How to Make The Balsamic Steak Burger
- 1Mix ground beef, peppercorn and garlic salt in bowl. Shape into 4 large burgers. Set aside til ready to grill.
- 2Slice onions in thin slices. In skillet at medium heat, cook/carmelize onions in 2 1/2 T butter til carmel in color. Add just a pinch of sugar to sweeten, and a dash/splash of vinegar at end of cooking to deglaze the skillet. Set aside; to be used when assembling your sandwiches.
- 3Slice red pepper into slivered pieces. In smaller skillet, cook red pepper in just 1 Tablespoon of butter until tender. If you prefer roasted flavor, you can also substitute roasted peppers for the skillet-prepared peppers. Set aside; to be used when assembling your sandwiches.
- 4In separate pan, create a balsamic glaze by heating the balsamic vinegar and cooking until vinegar has been reduced by 35 to 40% (or until you begin to notice a slight thickening of the vinegar.) Set aside to use as a condiment for your grilled burgers.
- 5In skillet, fry 8 slices bacon til lightly crispy. Set aside; to be used when assembling your sandwiches, as a topping on your burgers.)
- 6In skillet or oven, lightly toast the inside face of the kaiser rolls. Set aside (for assembling purposes.)
- 7Preheat grill to 350. When grill is ready, cook burgers, flipping once, to your desired degree of "doneness". Add a slice of gorgonzola cheese to each burger. Remove burgers from direct heat source, but leave on grill until cheese has melted.
- 8Time to assemble your burgers/sandwiches:
Place burger on bottom half of toasted Kaiser roll.
Top with carmelized onions and red peppers.
Add two bacon slices to each sandwich.
Splash each sandwich with generous portion (to your desired taste) of reduced balsamic vinegar. Top with bun top & it's ready for your enjoyment.
- 9Optional - Other condiments may also be served. For example, red leaf lettuce or fresh spinach leaf can be added to your sandwich. And if you are a ketchup lover, consider substituting a heavy pasta sauce.