1 1/2 lbground beef (may use 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 ground sausage)
1 smallonion, diced
2 clovegarlic, chopped
·salt and pepper to taste
2 cmozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cbarbecue sauce (your favorite brand)
1 pkgmanicotti shells
How to Make Texas Style Manicotti
- Pre-heat oven to 350*. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef, onion, and garlic until there is no pink left in the beef. Drain, and place in bowl.
- While ground beef is browning, prepare the manicotti shells by boiling them in salted water until tender, but firm. DO NOT OVER COOK. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add 3/4 cup BBQ sauce and 1 cup cheese to the beef mixture, and blend well.
- Stuff manicotti shells with the beef/cheese mixture, trying not to split the shells. Be sure that the shells get full.
- Place in prepared baking dish. Top shells with any left over beef mixture, spread remaining BBQ sauce over top of shells, and cover with 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and just beginning to brown. Serve hot.