Texas Mesquite Brisket
NOTE: To find the most tender brisket, when shopping in the store - check to see if the brisket will fold in half. If it folds, it will be a tender brisket.
- beef brisket (untrimmed, with fat) 12-15 pounds
- onion, sliced
- Morton's Season All (seasoned salt)
- throw away aluminum pan
- aluminum foil
- 1 bottle
- favorite bbq
- wood fire grill (using mesquite wood)
How to Make Texas Mesquite Brisket
- 11NOTE (1): Sometimes we don't have time to fire up the grill. When that happens, we typically cook the brisket 10 hours in the oven; drain some of the juice and mix 2-1 (juice to BBQ sauce) and pour over brisket; cover with foil and return to oven for 1 hour.
- 12NOTE (2): Remove brisket from oven; take a tablespoon and scrape fat from brisket. Remove brisket from pan and place on cutting board. With electric knife, slice brisket against the grain and place in another pan.
- 13NOTE (3): Mix 1/2 cup of brisket juice with BBQ sauce and pour over sliced brisket. Cover with foil. You can place in oven on warm until time to serve. Mix another 1/2 cup of juice with 1 cup of BBQ and place in gravy boat to serve.