Texas Mesquite Brisket
NOTE: To find the most tender brisket, when shopping in the store - check to see if the brisket will fold in half. If it folds, it will be a tender brisket.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a scrumptious brisket! And, as far as briskets go, it is fairly easy to make. The meat slices like butter. Then topping with the juices mixed with BBQ sauce is just yummy. This brisket will please any crowd. The Test Kitchen
- beef brisket (untrimmed, with fat) 12-15 pounds
- onion, sliced
- Morton's Season All (seasoned salt)
- throw away aluminum pan
- aluminum foil
- 1 bottle
- favorite bbq
- wood fire grill (using mesquite wood)
How to Make Texas Mesquite Brisket
- 11NOTE (1): Sometimes we don't have time to fire up the grill. When that happens, we typically cook the brisket 10 hours in the oven; drain some of the juice and mix 2-1 (juice to BBQ sauce) and pour over brisket; cover with foil and return to oven for 1 hour.
- 12NOTE (2): Remove brisket from oven; take a tablespoon and scrape fat from brisket. Remove brisket from pan and place on cutting board. With electric knife, slice brisket against the grain and place in another pan.
- 13NOTE (3): Mix 1/2 cup of brisket juice with BBQ sauce and pour over sliced brisket. Cover with foil. You can place in oven on warm until time to serve. Mix another 1/2 cup of juice with 1 cup of BBQ and place in gravy boat to serve.