☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1beef brisket (4-5 pounds)
2 tspmeat tenderizer
1 4-oz bottleliquid smoke flavoring
1 tspcelery salt
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1 tsponion salt
1 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Texas Brisket
- Sprinkle brisket with meat tenderizer, cover with liquid smoke.
- Refrigerate overnight, covered with foil.
- Next day, sprinkle brisket with mixture of remaining ingredients.
- Cover tightly with foil, bake 2 hours at 300F.
- Loosen foil, bake 5 hours more at 200F.
- Remove meat from pan, set aside 1 hour before slicing.
- Strain any grease from pan juices (or chill in deep freezer for easy removal).
- Slice brisket very thin across grain, serve with hot degreased liquid or barbecue sauce of your choice.