Tex-Mex Steak and Tortillas1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lbbeef sirloin steak, boneless
1/2 ccorn oil
3 tspgarlic clove, chopped
4 Tbspred wine vinegar
1 lbripe tomatoes, any color
1/2 cchopped onion
1/4 cred chile, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 ccilantro leaves, finely chopped
How to Make Tex-Mex Steak and Tortillas
- Prepare a very hot charcoal fire.
- There should be about 6 individual steaks.
- Cut each of these in half.
- Blend the oil, 2 teaspoon garlic and 3 tablespoon vinegar in a flat dish.
- Add the steaks, turning to coat the pieces well. Set aside.
- Core the tomatoes but do not peel them.
- Cut them into 1/4-inch cubes and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the onion, chiles, coriander, remaining garlic and vinegar and blend well.
- Set this sauce aside.
- Put about 4 slices of steak at a time on the hot grill and cook for 1 minute or less to a side, depending on the desired degree of doneness.
- Simultaneously, add a similar number of tortillas and cook them for a few seconds to a side just to heat through.
- Do not heat for long or they will dry out.
- Place one piece of steak in the center of a warm tortilla, spoon a little sauce over the meat and fold the side of the tortilla over the ends up to enclose the meat.
- Eat like a sandwich.