Teriyaki Blue Jack Burgers
How to Make Teriyaki Blue Jack Burgers
- In a small sause pan place the first 4 indredents (soy, sugar, garlic, ginger). On medium low-heat simmer this mixture till it reduces by at least half the amout, if not more. Consistancy for me has to be like molasses. I love the flavor of this and like it to stick to what im eating. Remember, you will be cooling this so it will get even thicker as it cools. You dont want it to think to use. Cool to room temp.
- Place burger in a small mixing bowl and add about 2 table spoons of the teryaki sause. Mix thoroughly. Add any other spices that you desire to the burger. I add a little salt and peper and a little bit of onion powder. Divide in to four equil parts and make patties to fit the buns after they are cooked.
- You can fry the burgers if you desire, I choose to grill them. As your grilling for frying glaze the burgers. Get them as sticky as you like. MMMM I like more sticky then my husband does. Just before the burgers are done I also grill the pineapple.
- If your using a gas grill, turn it off. If your using charcoal, move the burgers to an area where the are not directly over the hot ambers. Place the blue cheese crumbles on the tops of the burgers first then put the slices of peper jack over. This helps to keep the blue chees on and not roll off the burger.
- While the cheese melts remove the buns and put mayo on each one. Put the burgers on the bottom bun, top with the pinapple. Drizzle a little more teriyaki over the top and place the top bun on.
- You can also take these and make little mini buns and burgers with pineapple chunks for a great appatizer. My husband actually likes to have sauted mushrooms and onion on his burger. Add at your own risk. This make the burger very rich.
- To add Mushroom and Onion. Saute about a cup of each in real salted butter and split up on the tops of the pneapple.