Tenderloin Smothered with Honey Red Onions
I do't know where she got the original recipe but she was a great cook! Thank you Pat.
Picture is free clip art.
- 1/3 c
- red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1 large
- red onion, sliced thin
- 1 inch thick tenderloin steaks, about 1 1/2-2 pounds total
- 1/2 tsp
- cracked black pepper (or more as desired)
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Tenderloin Smothered with Honey Red Onions
- 1Mix vinegar, honey, and thyme in a large bowl. Add sliced onions. Let sit while preparing meat.
- 2Trim fat from meat. Cut into serving sized pieces if butcher has not done so already. Sprinkle pepper on to both sides of each piece of meat and press into meat with your fingers.
In a large non-stick skillet (no oil added) pan broil meat 4-5 minutes on each side. Temperature should be medium-high. Set meat aside.
Add onion mixture to pan. Cook (stirring to get and good pan drippings incorporated into onion mixture) over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until onions are tender-crisp.
- 3Return meat to pan and cook to desired done-ness, occasionally spooning liquid over meat. Cook at least 3-4 minutes but longer, if desired.
Place steaks on serving platter. Add parsley to onion-liquid mixture in pan. Heat through. Pour this mixture over steaks and serve immediately.