Tater Tot Casserole
I am thinking it would be good as a breakfast casserole if I substituted browned bulk sausage or ham or possibly bacon for the ground beef. One of these days I am going to remember to take a picture of my concoctions before the family digs in!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 lb pkgtater tots
1 csour cream
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 pkgdry onion soup mix
1/2 - 1 cmilk
3 or 4 dash(es)garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper
1 lbground beef
1small onion, diced
1/2bell pepper, diced
2 1/2 cshredded cheese
How to Make Tater Tot Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 with oil. (Pam is not recommended for some reason?)
- Layer frozen Tater Tots in bottom of the greased 9x13 and set aside.
- Brown ground beef. Add onions and bell pepper. Cover skillet and saute' until veggies are soft.
- Add to beef mixture: soup, sour cream, milk, dry onion soup mix, 2 cups cheese and seasonings. Simmer over low heat until well blended. (The amount of milk depends upon how thick your sauce is. It shouldn't be too thick so that it will run down between the tots)
- Pour beef mixture on top of Tater Tots. Bake uncovered in oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining shredded cheese. Return to oven for another 15 minutes. Casserole should be slightly bubbly when removed.