Tangy Stir Fry Beef & Carrots
We love the taste of the finishing sauce so much that I double the recipe and there's lots to go over the rice.
Be sure you use sweet cooking rice wine and NOT rice wine vinegar. It's a huge difference!
4 & 1/2 tspbrown sugar (divided)
1 lbflank steak or thinly sliced round steak
1/4 tspginger root
1/8 tspminced garlic
1/2 lbthinly sliced carrots, peeled
2 Tbspkikoman aji mirin sweet rice wine
1 tsptoasted sesame oil
3 tsphoisin sauce
2 tspcorn starch
·veg. oil or peanut oil
How to Make Tangy Stir Fry Beef & Carrots
- Marinate 1 lb. very thin sliced flank steak or round steak, cut across grain for at least 30 minutes with the following ingredients.
¼ tsp. ginger root (I buy the jarred kind, usually in produce section), 1/8 tsp. minced garlic (jar kind is ok), 1 TBS. soy sauce, ½ tsp. brown sugar, 2 tsp. corn starch and a splash of veg. oil. Mix well and stir in sliced beef.
- After beef has marinated start your regular rice now, OR Start Minute Rice just before cooking meat.
- Mix your finishing sauce: In separate bowl combine 2 TBS. Kikkoman Aji Mirin sweet cooking rice wine with 4 tsp. brown sugar, 4 tsp. soy sauce, 3 tsp. Hoisin sauce, and 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil. Mix well. Set aside. (Or double the amounts if you want extra to go over the rice.)
- Heat wok to medium high temperature. Add a splash of veg. oil and quickly fry carrot slices until crisp tender. Remove carrots from wok and drain on paper towels.
- Turn stove up to high heat. Add more veg. oil if needed and stir fry flank steak until almost done.
- Add carrots back into the wok with the beef; add finishing sauce and stir until thickened.
- Serve over rice.