Tangy Stir Fry Beef & Carrots
We love the taste of the finishing sauce so much that I double the recipe and there's lots to go over the rice.
Be sure you use sweet cooking rice wine and NOT rice wine vinegar. It's a huge difference!
- soy sauce
- 4 & 1/2 tsp
- brown sugar (divided)
- 1 lb
- flank steak or thinly sliced round steak
- 1/4 tsp
- ginger root
- 1/8 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1/2 lb
- thinly sliced carrots, peeled
- 2 Tbsp
- kikoman aji mirin sweet rice wine
- 1 tsp
- toasted sesame oil
- 3 tsp
- hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp
- corn starch
- veg. oil or peanut oil
- cooked rice
How to Make Tangy Stir Fry Beef & Carrots
- 1Marinate 1 lb. very thin sliced flank steak or round steak, cut across grain for at least 30 minutes with the following ingredients.
¼ tsp. ginger root (I buy the jarred kind, usually in produce section), 1/8 tsp. minced garlic (jar kind is ok), 1 TBS. soy sauce, ½ tsp. brown sugar, 2 tsp. corn starch and a splash of veg. oil. Mix well and stir in sliced beef.
- 2After beef has marinated start your regular rice now, OR Start Minute Rice just before cooking meat.
- 3Mix your finishing sauce: In separate bowl combine 2 TBS. Kikkoman Aji Mirin sweet cooking rice wine with 4 tsp. brown sugar, 4 tsp. soy sauce, 3 tsp. Hoisin sauce, and 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil. Mix well. Set aside. (Or double the amounts if you want extra to go over the rice.)
- 4Heat wok to medium high temperature. Add a splash of veg. oil and quickly fry carrot slices until crisp tender. Remove carrots from wok and drain on paper towels.
- 5Turn stove up to high heat. Add more veg. oil if needed and stir fry flank steak until almost done.
- 6Add carrots back into the wok with the beef; add finishing sauce and stir until thickened.
- 7Serve over rice.