Taco Spinach Burgers with Homemade Picante Sauce
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Fresh, light flavors mixed with savory ground beef and taco seasoning! We loved this fun take on a traditional burger and look forward to serving 'em up at our next cookout! The Test Kitchen
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1/2 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 1 c
- chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes, 15 oz.
- 1/2 can(s)
- diced green chiles (small 4 oz. can )
- 1/2 c
- diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp
- 2 clove
- garlic (crushed)
How to Make Taco Spinach Burgers with Homemade Picante Sauce
- 1Mix beef, spinach, garlic, egg, and taco seasoning together in a large bowl. Measure into patties and cook in skillet till well done.
- 2When patties are cooked put some of the cheese on top of the patties (still in skillet) and cover with skillet lid for about 20 seconds or until melted.
- 3To make the salsa mix together the tomatoes, chiles, salt, and onion together and cook on med-high for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and put in a blender. Only blend for a couple of seconds. The sauce should have very few chunks.
- 4Put the burger on a hamburger bun and add about a tbsp of the picante. Eat and enjoy!