Taco Spaghetti Squash
- 1 1/2 lb
- lean burger
- 1 pkg
- low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 pkg
- uncle ben's cajun rice - microwavable
- 1 medium
- spaghetti squash
- 2 c
- shredded cheese of your choice
- toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced halapeno peppers, salsa and additional cheese or any of your favorite toppings
How to Make Taco Spaghetti Squash
- 1You can slice the spaghetti squash in half and place cut side down in a pan with about 1 inch of water or you can take a knife and vent the top by poking slits in with the knife and bake at 375° for 45 to 50 minutes. I do not cut my squash in half.
- 2While squash is baking brown burger and follow the directions according to the taco seasoning package. Let simmer for about 15 minutes. Cook the rice according to the package and dump into the taco meat mixture. Simmer until the squash is cooked.
- 3Once the squash is cooked, either scoop out the pulp or carefully cut it in half, scoop out the seeds and discard or eat them if you want (they are good too), put the cooked squash in a casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray, put the meat and rice mixture on top, place cheese and put in the oven for a few minutes until cheese is melted. (If your oven cooled down set at 350° again). Once the cheese is melted top with lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, salsa, and additional cheese if you want.