I have been making this soup for two years now and everyone that eats it LOVES it and doesn't go away hungry. I normally make it in on the stove, but today I used my best friend (my crock-pot) to make it!
1 lbground beef or ground turkey, browned and drained
1large onion, chopped
2 can(s)diced tomatoes (i used 1 large can)
2 can(s)navy beans, drained (i used one navy and 1 black)
1 can(s)pinto beans, drained (or you can substitute for another navy or black bean)
1 can(s)corn, drained
1 can(s)chicken broth
1 pkghidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix (i used the store brand)
How to Make Taco Soup
- Brown meat and onion, drain. Add your diced tomatoes, all of the beans, corn, and chicken broth and stir.
- Add the ranch dressing packet and the taco seasoning packet, stir.
- Cover and cook on low for approximately 3-4 hours.
- You can also make this on the stove. Add all ingredients as listed above. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- We like to eat this with tortilla chips and garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, and diced green onions.