Also, most people would like tomatoes in this, but I don't do tomatoes...so you can make it your own!
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- head of lettuce (shredded)
- red bell pepper (diced)
- yellow bell pepper (diced)
- cucumber (diced)
- bag of doritos (i prefer original nacho)
- 1 bottle
- catalina dressing (i prefer light)
How to Make Taco Salad
- 1Ground the beef and drain the fat. Then add the taco seasoning mix as the directions indicate.
- 2Let the meat cool down while you are chopping your vegetables. *It's best if your meat is cooked ahead of time. But make sure the meat is at least luke warm because if you add the Doritos while it's too hot, it will make the chips soggy.*
- 3Let the air out of the bag of Doritos and then holding it closed, squish the chips. Try not to make them too small because you don't want the Doritos to be crumbs and get lost in the salad.
- 4Add all of the veggies and the Doritos to the taco meat and give a couple of quick stirs to mix everything up.
- 5Add the Catalina dressing into the mixture. I usually use 3/4 of the dressing. If the taco salad gets too wet, it won't stand as long. Remember, you can always add more, but you can't take it back!
- 6Once the salad has been coated, serve and enjoy!