Also, most people would like tomatoes in this, but I don't do tomatoes...so you can make it your own!
1 lbground beef
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1head of lettuce (shredded)
1red bell pepper (diced)
1yellow bell pepper (diced)
1bag of doritos (i prefer original nacho)
1 bottlecatalina dressing (i prefer light)
How to Make Taco Salad
- Ground the beef and drain the fat. Then add the taco seasoning mix as the directions indicate.
- Let the meat cool down while you are chopping your vegetables. *It's best if your meat is cooked ahead of time. But make sure the meat is at least luke warm because if you add the Doritos while it's too hot, it will make the chips soggy.*
- Let the air out of the bag of Doritos and then holding it closed, squish the chips. Try not to make them too small because you don't want the Doritos to be crumbs and get lost in the salad.
- Add all of the veggies and the Doritos to the taco meat and give a couple of quick stirs to mix everything up.
- Add the Catalina dressing into the mixture. I usually use 3/4 of the dressing. If the taco salad gets too wet, it won't stand as long. Remember, you can always add more, but you can't take it back!
- Once the salad has been coated, serve and enjoy!