SWISS STEAK MOZZARELLA
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 LBS. ROUND STEAK
1 CUP FLOUR
1 3 cvegetable shortening
1(15oz0 can(s)tomato sauce, reduced sodium
1(1 LB)12 can(s)whole tomatoes
1 c cchopped celery
1 1/8 cchopped grreen peper
3/4 lbmozzarella cheese
How to Make SWISS STEAK MOZZARELLA
- Bone and cut into eight pieces.
- Pound both sides of meat with mallet, dredge in 1/2 cup flour
- In a large skillet,brown meat in shortening.
- Place meat in a 9x13x2 in. baking dish.
- Blend remaining flour with drippings in skillet;add seasoning and cook until brown.
- Gradually blendin remaining ingredients except cheese; cook 5 minutes.
- pour sauce over meat; bake uncovered; at 350 degrees, for 2- 21/2 hours. top with cheese last 5 minutes.
- I like to put this into the crockpot after the meat is browned. Ialso make this ahead of time. THIS IS FOR A WEEKEND MEAL.