Anna Mae Kantor
I also serve it with a salad and a vegetable. A really quick and easy meal.
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb
- 1/2 inch cut of anykind of steak (chuck, round, bottom round or london broil)
- 1 pkg
- lipton beefy onion or beefy mushroom soup mix
- 20 oz
- 1 can(s)
- sliced mushrooms (optional)
How to Make Swiss Steak
- 1Spray oven pan with Pam or other cooking spray to make cleanup easier. The pan should be large enough to let the meat lay in the bottom.
(I even put it in the pan right out of the freezer------frozen !~)
- 2Pour water over the meat.
Sprinkle one envelope of dry soup mix over the meat with the bulk of it going into the water as this will make a gravy for your potatoes or rice. Save the other envelope for the next time you make this recipe.
- 3Bake for about 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours at 350 degrees. You will be able to tell when it's done.
- 4If I'm making baked potatoes, I put them in the oven when I place the meat in.