Dee Dee Rosario
How to Make Swiss Steak
- 1Cut fat off of meat and pound meat on both sides with a meat mallet until meat is well pierced. It should look a little roughed up. You could use a fork instead of a meat mallet to pierce the meat.
- 2Cut meat into 3 x 3 pieces. Salt and Pepper the meat on all sides. You can use a brown paper bag and dredge the meat in flour until all pieces are completely coated.
- 3Heat a skillet and coat the pan with crisco or oil. On medium high heat. A light layer of oil. Do not add to much oil, you can add more if needed as you go. Brown the meat until all sides of the meat are browned.
- 4After the meat is browned. Add the can of whole tomatoes, hold the tomato in your hand and use your fingers to crush the tomatoes over the pan until the juices run out of the tomatoes and the tomatoes are well crushed. Make sure you are holding the tomato close to the meat, as the juices like to squirt everywhere.
- 5Turn the heat down to a simmer. Add 2 bouillon cubes and a bay leaf. Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 to 45 minutes. Stir occassionally. Delicious!