By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 lbground beef
1 Tbspsoy sauce
14.5 ozpineapple slices in juice
2 Tbspbrown sugar
2 Tbspsoy sauce
4green onions, cut into 2" pieces
1 smallgreen bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squared
How to Make Sweet-Sour Kabobs
- Drain the pineapple slices and reserve the syrup for later use in the recipe.
- Mix the meat and the 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Shape the mixture into 36 meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in a glass bowl or plastic bag.
- Mix the reserved pineapple syrup, the brown sugar, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over the meatballs and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Drain the marinade from the meatballs into a small saucepan, stir in the cornstarch.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and set aside.
- Cut the pineapple slices into quarters.
- On each of 6 12-inch metal skewers alternate 6 meatballs with pineapple and vegetables.
- Brush the kabobs with part of the sauce.
- Set the oven control to broil and/or 550.
- Broil kabobs 4-inches from the heat to the desired doneness, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Brush occasionally with the sauce and gently push with a fork to turn.