Sweet Onion Beef oscar Napoleon
- 5 tbsp. butter, divided
- 12 slices white bread, trimmed to 3 x 3 inch squares, or puff pastry
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 16 oz. jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 packet bernaise sauce, .90 oz.
- 4 filet mignon steaks, 5 oz. each
- fresh tarragon, for garnish
- paprika for garnish
How to Make Sweet Onion Beef oscar Napoleon
- 1Melt 2 Tbsp. butter and use to lightly brush both sides of bread slices. Put on baking sheet and toast under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or til golden brown.
- 2Heat 2 Tbsp. butter and olive oil in saute pan over high heat and cook onions for 8 to 1 minutes or til lightly caramelized. Keep warm.
- 3Saute crabmeat in 1 Tbsp. butter. Keep warm. Make Bearnaise sauce according to packet directions.
- 4Put 1 bread square on each plate. Top with a beef filet, then another square. Add crabmeat and another square. To with onions. Spoon on Bearnaise sauce and garnish with a sprig of tarragon and a sprinkle of paprika on the plate rim. Makes 4 servings.