Sweet and Sour Pot Roast1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 smallpotatoes, peeled
3 lbboneless beef chuck roast
1 Tbspcooking oil
1 cchopped onion
15 ozcan tomato sauce
1/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
3 Tbspworcestershire sauce
2 Tbspcider vinegar
How to Make Sweet and Sour Pot Roast
- Place potatoes in a slow cooker.
- Trim fat from roast; brown in hot oil on all sides in a skillet.
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings from skillet; saute onion until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, vinegar and salt.
- Pour over meat and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Before serving, pour sauce into a skillet.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened; serve with potatoes and meat.