Sweet and Sour Meatloaf
The only change that I made to the recipe is that I use 1 Tablespoon of vinegar in the sauce instead of 2.
This is such a simple recipe, and you could make it in the morning or the night before, come home from work and pop it in the oven. If it's been refrigerated, you might need to cook it a few minutes more. And you can mix the sauce and keep it in the fridge also. It's the sauce that makes this recipe, although the meatloaf smells delicious cooking.
1 1/2 lbground beef
1 cdry bread crumbs (i use italian)
1 tspinstant minced onion (in the spice aisle)
1 can(s)15oz. tomato sauce (divided)
·reserved tomato sauce
2 Tbspbrown sugar
1/2 cwhite sugar
2 tspprepared mustard (i use frenches)
How to Make Sweet and Sour Meatloaf
- Mis together beef, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and eggs
- add onion and 1/2 of the tomato sauce
- form into a loaf in a sprayed 9x5x3 inch pan
- bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes
- In a saucepan combine the topping ingredients and bring to a boil
- pour over the meatloaf; bake 10 minutes more
- When I pour the sauce over the meatloaf, I take the meatloaf out of the loaf pan, put it in a small baking dish and then put it back in the oven in the baking dish. That way the sauce completely covers the meatloaf.